We are asked this question multiple times, what’s different about SamayLa?
It’s different at all levels:
- UX: It’s something so logical and intuitive, that even a small child can understand.
- UI: It’s simple – clean. Simplicity is a core focus in our product development. It takes multiple feedback’s from multiple user’s for us to introduce a new feature. In fact, we have about 10+ features which can be activated at a click of a button but which we are refraining from till our user’s ask.
- The MAGIC SAUCE: Ever since the age of Kings, we have been used to sending messages to people. This was replicated by the postal system and then by the email. Only the speed changed. But what we forget is that every message has an agenda behind it – it could be telling someone that we are thinking about them, or it could be related to a particular activity. In the case of organisations, since most of the communication is person specific (thanks to emails!), all of the knowledge is lost. In addition, that person is bombarded with requests which he has to run through. Now let’s flip this. Think in terms of tasks and teams who come together to achieve them. That is what we are trying to inculcate. This has many benefits:
- NO egos: It’s a team. Positions don’t matter. Work does. And by clubbing all communication on a task, everyone understands that.
- NO repetitive messages: It’s all their in one place under a particular task heading. One doesn’t have to repeat the same things over and over again.
- NO reminders: A due date is set, everyone knows it. And the system reminds you every time you login.
- NO loss of information: Say an employee left. The replacement would take time to on-board – be briefed by the team etc etc. As all of the information was in the emails that were shared with the employee who left. This ensures that all the information is stored in one place and all you need to do is add that person to the task and, voilà, she/he has all the work, organised logically in one place along with files etc.
And we haven’t even gone to the philosophy, reasons for running this, the environment initiative, the revenue model, the upcoming features etc.